Sunday, December 2, 2012

Fair Isle on a Sunday Afternoon

I'm starting to notice a trend that when I do post here, it's usually on a Sunday night. I think for 2013, I'm going to try to post every Sunday night. Hell, it's that time of year when we make grand gestures and I know there's not a snowballs chance in Florida that it's ever going to happen but we'll give it a go. Who knows, let's get crazy and see if we can reach 100 page loads in a week. LOL

The holidays are coming and as usual, I'm not knitting a damn thing for gifts. It's too stressful and takes the fun out of knitting (at least for me). I got the tree up this weekend and it's lovely but the house is a wreck so a photo is going to have to wait until ... maybe next Sunday! Yeah, it was cheesy but I'm in a festive mood!

I finished up around 7 and decided to try my hand at a Fair Isle technique I've seen for the Circular Sock Machine. It's the perfect accent for boring work socks, just enough to make them interesting.

1st Fair Isle on CSM

I think it’s pretty good for a 1st go but damn, it's such a twisted mess, so tedious and as expected, tirelessly time consuming! And no, you may not see the other side. If you're a knitter, you'll get that, if not...Happy Holidays!!

Until Sunday! IAKG

1 comment:

garret said...

I would like to be the sort of person who doesn't knit thier christmas presents, but I'm so nuts that the crazy insane rush has a great appeal for me, almost a sort of high that comes off of knitting half the night at breakneck pace.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and you are no exception. I would tell you that it wasn't going to happen -- as a challenge, but you've already removed that chance. (My current defense for all this Zimmermann bullsh*t, I was drunk at the time. Not my best work but it's effective.)